Written in 12/2011
I don't think I have ever won anything...I got a call last week
from my hair salon, Intrigue, telling me that I won a haircut with N.Y.
Hair Stylist, Nick Arrojo! (This is a big deal, a haircut alone is worth
$500.00....currently, I could not afford to even tip Mr. Arrojo. That
free haircut? Tomorrow at 9 a.)
Of course I would be a lot more excited if I didn't have a haircut 3 weeks ago. Alanis Morrissette song?
You have to understand...I am 44 years old and have long hair. I am holding onto my hair length right now, as if I am hanging on to the last bit of collagen left in the world and if any more is depleted, I may start to become arthritic, or start obsessing about plastic surgery. Ok, I am embellishing just a bit, but? MY HAIR?!!
I am envisioning Nick Arrojo now having an Annie Lennox song stuck in his head and that somehow she becomes his temporary muse and that after his coffee he may think short, spikey hair could just be the thing to change my life for the better. I so hope he had a good experience flying into Atlanta and that he doesn't have too much coffee.
I will simply have to be very up front with Mr. Arrojo tomorrow morning right at the outset of my bum making contact with the chair.
Me: "Uhhh, no creative liberty here, Mr. Arrojo, or we will end up on the national news...don't take off more than 1/8th of a milli-something of a millimeter. You have your scissors, I have mine (and just so you know, I did strength training this morning before I got here...). Just move my hair around for the camera and all will be well."
As it turns out, Nick Arrojo is the most down-to-earth and charming lad I could imagine. I was putty in his hands before I even got near the "chair".
Me: "Bangs? Sure!!! Whatever you think, Nick - after all you are the expert. "Bangs"...that's the first suggestion he threw out. (Bangs were not my friend, in fact, they had been my nemesis since I could grow hair and I had not worn them in over fifteen years.) Once he started though? I really liked what I saw...shocked, curious? In hindsight, Nick could have said, "Let's shave it on one side" and I may have considered it for just a minute...or ten.
What can I say? The man is very charasmatic and he gave me the best haircut I have ever had. I can't stop playing with it! The texture, layers...Most importantly- the Bangs! I think they may now have a long-standing place in my life.
I can now certainly see why celebrities go to Nick and people pay $500.00 for a haircut. Prior to my haircut with him, I thought anyone who would pay that much or take a flight to get a haircut must be familiar with the terms "lockdown" and "time for meds", to consider it. Now? Shhhhh...Ok.
I was so fortunate to win this haircut and have this experience. My problem now? I am greedy. I am already considering the next cut and ways that I can justify paying for it. I was already using the shampoo, conditioiner, styling mousse, and hairspray from his Nick Arrojo Hair Care Line. They all smell amazing and I am a freak about fragrances.
Remember that "charisma" I mentioned? I walked out of there purchasing several products (He never tried to sell me anything) just uhhh, because?! ( who have I morphed into?) "Uhhhh, I'll take the blowdryer, (yes, I know I've never even tried it...the brush, the defrizzing gel, more 'color-stay' shampoo, even though my hair is no longer colored(just particularly love the smell of this product)...and...the? whatever that yummy smelling spray is that you used at some point!" Yes, that's it.
I walked out of there thinking, "What a GREAT day!!!" I felt so good that I thought I could run countless errands and spend countless money. ( Ha! Does a healthy haircut contribute to serious delusion?) I stopped and got new contact lenses so I could actually see my new hairstyle, contemplated looking at Zappos online for new boots...then? I dropped my iPhone and it shattered-Twice. Derp!
You know? I handled it better than I thought I would. I didn't hurl it in anger or scream obscenities at anyone or "some"one. I was actually rational. I went into the phone store, purchased an iPhone 4 with insurance this time, and told the salesperson not to tell or show me the total. Just put the receipt in the bag.
Conclusion: Some of you may not like this...It is absolutely AMAZING what a great haircut can do for happiness! (and hormone levels.)
Thank you Nick Arrojo. You are one very talented guy...
Of course I would be a lot more excited if I didn't have a haircut 3 weeks ago. Alanis Morrissette song?
You have to understand...I am 44 years old and have long hair. I am holding onto my hair length right now, as if I am hanging on to the last bit of collagen left in the world and if any more is depleted, I may start to become arthritic, or start obsessing about plastic surgery. Ok, I am embellishing just a bit, but? MY HAIR?!!
I am envisioning Nick Arrojo now having an Annie Lennox song stuck in his head and that somehow she becomes his temporary muse and that after his coffee he may think short, spikey hair could just be the thing to change my life for the better. I so hope he had a good experience flying into Atlanta and that he doesn't have too much coffee.
I will simply have to be very up front with Mr. Arrojo tomorrow morning right at the outset of my bum making contact with the chair.
Me: "Uhhh, no creative liberty here, Mr. Arrojo, or we will end up on the national news...don't take off more than 1/8th of a milli-something of a millimeter. You have your scissors, I have mine (and just so you know, I did strength training this morning before I got here...). Just move my hair around for the camera and all will be well."
As it turns out, Nick Arrojo is the most down-to-earth and charming lad I could imagine. I was putty in his hands before I even got near the "chair".
Me: "Bangs? Sure!!! Whatever you think, Nick - after all you are the expert. "Bangs"...that's the first suggestion he threw out. (Bangs were not my friend, in fact, they had been my nemesis since I could grow hair and I had not worn them in over fifteen years.) Once he started though? I really liked what I saw...shocked, curious? In hindsight, Nick could have said, "Let's shave it on one side" and I may have considered it for just a minute...or ten.
What can I say? The man is very charasmatic and he gave me the best haircut I have ever had. I can't stop playing with it! The texture, layers...Most importantly- the Bangs! I think they may now have a long-standing place in my life.
I can now certainly see why celebrities go to Nick and people pay $500.00 for a haircut. Prior to my haircut with him, I thought anyone who would pay that much or take a flight to get a haircut must be familiar with the terms "lockdown" and "time for meds", to consider it. Now? Shhhhh...Ok.
I was so fortunate to win this haircut and have this experience. My problem now? I am greedy. I am already considering the next cut and ways that I can justify paying for it. I was already using the shampoo, conditioiner, styling mousse, and hairspray from his Nick Arrojo Hair Care Line. They all smell amazing and I am a freak about fragrances.
Remember that "charisma" I mentioned? I walked out of there purchasing several products (He never tried to sell me anything) just uhhh, because?! ( who have I morphed into?) "Uhhhh, I'll take the blowdryer, (yes, I know I've never even tried it...the brush, the defrizzing gel, more 'color-stay' shampoo, even though my hair is no longer colored(just particularly love the smell of this product)...and...the? whatever that yummy smelling spray is that you used at some point!" Yes, that's it.
I walked out of there thinking, "What a GREAT day!!!" I felt so good that I thought I could run countless errands and spend countless money. ( Ha! Does a healthy haircut contribute to serious delusion?) I stopped and got new contact lenses so I could actually see my new hairstyle, contemplated looking at Zappos online for new boots...then? I dropped my iPhone and it shattered-Twice. Derp!
You know? I handled it better than I thought I would. I didn't hurl it in anger or scream obscenities at anyone or "some"one. I was actually rational. I went into the phone store, purchased an iPhone 4 with insurance this time, and told the salesperson not to tell or show me the total. Just put the receipt in the bag.
Conclusion: Some of you may not like this...It is absolutely AMAZING what a great haircut can do for happiness! (and hormone levels.)
Thank you Nick Arrojo. You are one very talented guy...
No comments:
Post a Comment